Click on Business loan applicants 10 common mistakes which can be avoided
for the source.
Author: Ravi Philemon
There are several common mistakes which can hinder the chances of getting funds for business loan applicants.
By: Hitesh Khan/
And these are 10 of the most common mistakes business loan applicants make:
- Not knowing your credit rating. Before you apply for a loan, you need to know where you stand. Get copies of your credit score from credit bureau so you will know if you’re likely to get the loan approved.
- Not reading the terms carefully before signing. In your haste to get a loan, you may commit the common mistake of jumping the gun and signing without reading the details and terms of the loan. Not only should you take the time to read everything very carefully, but you should also ask questions about anything you do not fully understand.
- Not locking in a rate. Interest rates change. If you think you’ve found a good rate, lock it in before it goes up. Too often, people make the mistake of getting greedy and waiting for interest rates to drop farther.
- Not explaining what the loan is for. When applying for a business loan, you need to indicate how the money will be used. Lenders want to see that you know exactly what your needs are and how this loan will meet those needs.
- Making major changes. Just as you do not want to open and close various credit cards before applying for a personal loan, you do not want to make significant personnel or other changes to your ongoing business structure before applying for a business loan. Lenders want to be able to see stability in how you do business and with whom.
- Applying only to the most convenient lender. Although there are various lenders available, many people still head to their familiar bank first without shopping around. Credit cooperatives and other sources are worth investigating. For example, if you are a small business owner, you should consider how the different Government-backed loan programs can benefit your business.
All Government programmes for small business loans require a good business plan (showing good cash flow) and good credit history. Government programmes may provide assistance when a borrower’s collateral may not meet conventional lending standards and may helps overcome some financing challenges, but not bad credit.The Government may guarantee a portion of the loan which include funds for the purchase of existing land and buildings (owner-occupied), expand or modernise facilities, purchase machinery, equipment, leasehold improvements or inventory, and finance increased receivables and augment working capital.
- Not having your finances up-to-date.
Business loan applicants should not apply for funds without having the proper financial documentation.
This is an area where many people put the cart before the horse, and try to get a loan without making sure their financials are up-to-date.
- Failing to have some equity in the project. Not unlike a down payment when buying a home, having some equity in a business project significantly enhances your chances of securing a business loan. If you are not invested in the project, or in the business itself, the lender will be less enthusiastic about taking on such a risk.
- Having no collateral. Business loan applicants need to provide some collateral, should there be a default in payment.
- Not having a business plan. If you’re starting a business, you need to demonstrate how the business will operate and make money. A business plan is essential for a lender to see your goals and specifically, how you intend to reach them. You must include all applicable supporting data, including financials.
There are numerous loans programs to assist entrepreneurs with starting, managing and growing their businesses. Thousands of businessmen are turning to such resources because financing remains a formidable challenge. Business loan applicants therefore must not be disheartened if a lender refuses them loan.
Many small business owners use loans to help rapidly growing businesses, or to help fund change in ownerships for businesses. Business loan applicants must be mindful that the benefits include of taking loans when your business is successful includes increased cash flow, and flexible repayment options (such as monthly installments of principal and interest and no balloon payments.)
It is prudent for business loan applicants to work with an experienced loan specialist like iCompareLoan who understands the ins and outs of the agency and small business financing.
How to Secure Personal Loans Quickly
If you have limited capital and are searching for personal loans to expand your business, the loan consultants at iCompareLoan can set you up on a path that can get you a it in a quick and seamless manner. Our loan consultants have close links with the best lenders in town and can help you compare various loans and settle for a package that best suits your needs. Find out money saving tips here.
If you are looking for a new home loan or to refinance, our Mortgage brokers can help you get everything right from calculating mortgage repayment, comparing interest rates all through to securing the best home loans in Singapore. And the good thing is that all our services are free of charge. So it’s all worth it to secure a loan through us for your business expansion needs.
Contact us for advice on a new home loan.
Contact us for home loan or refinancing advice.
The post Business loan applicants 10 common mistakes which can be avoided appeared first on iCompareLoan Resources.